- For the A tournament, the matches will begin on Friday evening and will end on Sunday early evening.
- For the B tournament, the matches will start on Saturday morning and will end Sunday afternoon.
- Please see the attached schedule for all match times.
- This tournament will be for members only. If someone who is not a member wishes to put their name in the tournament, they will be asked to become a member before being able to register.
- Given that we only have 5 courts, we will have to restrict the total registration pool to a maximum of 16 players for the A tournament and 12 players for the B tournament.
- If there is more than 16 players registered in the A tournament or more than 12 in the B tournament then the players that will play will be chosen by following these steps:
- Given that they help organise the tournament, Executive Committee members get an automatic entry (for those interested).
- For the remaining spots, a draw will be done among those registered in this tournament that were registered in the previous tournament but were not able to play.
- For the remaining spots (if there is any), a draw will be done among those registered in this tournament that are left.
- Of those who are drawn, we will seed the top 6 players using the Singles Tennis League standings. The same will be done for the top 4 players in the B tournament. All other positions will be drawn from the pool to decide the match-ups.
- The matches will be a best of 3 regular sets, however the third set will be played as a tie-break of 10 points.
- You are guaranteed at least 2 matches unless you receive a bye. See attached schedule for format and details.
- One bottle of cold water will be provided to every player per match, however each player will be responsible to bring any additional beverage (Extra water, Gatorade, Powerade, etc.)
- The winner is responsible for registering his or her win with the tournament coordinator.
- Should a match take too long a time where the overall tournament schedule is affected, the tournament coordinator reserves the right to remove "Deuce" for the rest of the match. In other words, if a game is at 40-40, then the player who makes the next point wins the game.
- Keep anger in check at all times. If a player is found to be exhibiting any kind of rude behaviour, that player will be disqualified from the tournament by the tournament coordinator.
- If a few matches cannot be completed during the weekend (weather related reasons or other), the players affected may be asked to pick a time amongst themselves to complete the matches and report the results to the tournament coordinator.
- The tournament schedule and results will be available on the Club's Web site.
- All decisions taken by the tournament coordinator are final.